This is the first Blu-Ray disc that AIX Records produced. Finally, we’re able to combine our real HD-Audio, surround music tracks with the HD-Video that we shoot during out sessions. This is another sampler that includes 7 HD-Audio/Video selections from currently available titles or BD projects that are in production and will be released soon. However, the focus of the disc is for use as a system setup and calibration disc for BD users. OPPO was so impressed with the quality of this sampler that they bundled it with their hardware for years.
There are two videos presented by AIX Records’ founder and CEO Mark Waldrep, Ph.D. that lead you through the philosophy and unique approach developed by AIX and a step by step guide through the process of setting up a BD-based home theater system. These introductory pieces are followed by an exhaustive set of calibration tones including:
- Channel Identification Tests, 7.1, 5.1, 2.0 in all of the new HD codecs from Dolby and DTS
- Speaker Balance Tests, 7.1, 5.1, 2.0
- Speaker Phase Tests Check the phase of each speaker pair
- Frequency Sweep Tests Test for rattles or room nodes
- Subwoofer Sweep TestTest for low frequency rumble
- Subwoofer Crossover Test Check your crossover frequency
And 7 full lengths high-resolution tracks:
- Mercy of the Wheels –
- Let Me
- Henry’s Farm
- Pachelbel Canon Acoustica
- Luxury Liner
- Shostakovich Piano Quintet Op. 57
The technology of recording in real surround HD-Audio coupled with the capability of the blu-ray format to deliver HD-Video brings the intimacy of the performance into your own personal listening space. Watch it with the video or simply sit back and revel in the music as it is passed between members of the group.
This disc was shot using HD video equipment and is compatible with all blu-ray players. However, the HD-Audio, which is encoded in Dolby TrueHD cannot be played back on a Sony PS3. The legacy audio will play instead.
If you are interested in exploring more of the AIX Records catalog, we have other samplers that you can check out.